To show its appreciation for promising talent and to honour outstanding achievements, the Academy offers a variety of prizes.
Detailed information (regulation, form, past laureates) is available in Dutch.
- The Gouden Penning [Gold Medal] is awarded annually to a person who has made a significant contribution to the promotion and spread of science and the arts to the general public.
- The prize Laureate of the Academy is awarded by each of the four Classes to a promising researcher or artist.
- The Science Communication Awards are conferred each year by the KVAB in cooperation with the Young Academy to deserving researchers who also excel in science communication.
- Every three years, the Prize of the Minister for Scientific Policy is awarded to an organization that has promoted the popularization of science.
- The Frans Van Cauwelaert Prize is awarded alternating between the exact sciences and the humanities.
- The Prize of the Flemish Scientific Foundation is awarded in turn to young researchers from the humanities, the exact and the biomedical sciences.
- The Foundation Awards are scientific prizes in a specific field that are awarded thanks to funds and bequests entrusted to the Academy.
In 2018 wordt de prijs uitgereikt in de Natuurwetenschappen, in alle disciplines.
In 2018 wordt de prijs uitgereikt in het domein van de gedragswetenschappen.
In 2018 wordt de prijs uitgereikt in het domein van de scheppende kunsten: muziekcomposities, architectuur, beeldende kunsten en andere.